Thursday, 26 June 2014

Change!!!

I've decided that because I haven't been able to organise this workshop in the local primary school, I will do something slightly different. The idea is to do an improvisation workshop with people my age who already play instruments.

My initial plans consist of the following:

 - a bit of scale & harmony theory
 - choosing a chord sequence (e.g. 12 bar blues) and get people to think for themselves about what would be a good melody/harmony on their particular instrument
 - working through soloing
 - performance style and confidence
 - group jam

This structure includes the basics of improvisation and how to pull it off properly.

I will run this workshop with some of the members of my band (who can't really improvise at the moment) and some of my other friends who are not as active musically, but used to play an instrument or are just interested in improvisation.


No comments:

Post a Comment